Sunday 29 July 2012

Weekly Update

Hello Friends,

Apologies for being missing in action last week. My weekend was filled with pounding the pavement for the St Luke's Midnight Walk I walked 13 miles in 3 hours 35 minuets and raised over £80 for the charity. It was such a buzz to finish.
So in the crafty news I am still working on that doily for my friends birthday, I forgot how long lace work takes, I think she'll be getting and IOU for 1 doily on her birthday.

As always I have been distracted by another new craft. I have recently been making Kanzashi flowers.


They are so pretty and addictive to make.There are a lot of good tutorials around to fold your perfect petal. My favorites are:
Little Birdie Secrets tutorial for the pointed petal
and
This one form cut out and keep for rounded petals.

See Easy Kanzashi Flower and 1000's of others - or share your own on Cut Out + Keep

I have put all of the flowers I have made so far on Maggie Makes Stuff along with some 5 strand braided head bands I made.

And last but not least I have cast on my Ravellenic project today, for the synchronised stash busting event. I have a big bag full of all my nasty synthetic novelty yarn and I'm using the giant knitting needles to make it into a rug. Its looking pretty good so far as all the colours are complementing each other and it's really fluffy.
I'm knitting with about 11 strands of yarn and one it's done my nieces' will be playing with it.

TTFN friends, keep crafting

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing the walk. Those flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete