Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year

Well it certainly has been an interesting festive season. Thankfully I got all of the Christmas presents made in time. Next year I must start earlier. We had some real trauma just before Christmas. I got my boyfriend a pet snake for Christmas and gave it to him early as you can't really wrap it up and put it under the tree. He is a milk snake and we called him Merlin:
This is him having a bath. Anyway a few weeks ago he disappeared, we tore the house apart looking for him, set noise traps, left food out, put flour on the floor so we could see if he moved through it but after two weeks there was no sign of him and I was beginning to loose hope. But thankfully, the day after my birthday the neighbour who lives in the flat below us knocked on the door and asked if we had lost a reptile. I was thrilled! He had some how got into their fireplace and was hanging out there. Thank God the decided to clean it out before they lit it and that they were very calm and didn't kill him.

He is now back in his viv and we keep checking it every two seconds to make sure he is still there, very paranoid now! But to celebrate his valiant return I decided to crochet him a effigy:


He's not finished yet and the stuffing is a bit dodgy but it's nice to immortalize him in wool. The real Merlin has a mark on his head that we call his centre parting so I had to put that in so there was no mistake who this snake is.

Right well down to business. I having been doing lots of planning for the crochet year ahead and I just can't wait to see how this will all unfold. I have two free patterns to make and write up in the pipeline:
  1. Kitty hooded scarf 2.0 and toddler version
  2. COOKIE MONSTER!
I got an email today (as I do about once every month) asking for the cookie monster pattern and it reminded me that I have the yarn just sitting there waiting to be done. So in the next few months there will be a cookie monster pattern! I can't wait.

I need to start stock piling finished projects for my etsy store that currently has nothing in it, But fear not, when I have enough stock to make it look good you will know about it as I will be doing a ridiculous amount of shameless self promotion.

I am feeling really good about this year and I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you all :)

1 comment:

  1. You made me have a heart attack when you told me he'd vanished - thought I was going to have to find you a replacement Merlin somehow! lol
    J x

    ReplyDelete