Tuesday 24 August 2010

Maggies got a brand new bag!

Hello.

So I got the bag done, and not being an epic sewer the lining took a while but I think it looks pretty good. I took it for a test drive in work and was very pleased.



I designed it to be the ultimate crochet kit bag and it works pretty well. I don't like taking my wooden hooks out and about after the tragic Brittany hook break of earlier this year so I treated myself to some nice metal ones from eBay and made them a nice sleeping bag to stay in. I love lining bags. it makes them look so nice and professional looking.

I'm starting the Christmas craft early this year as there is no way I'm being caught short and having to put everything on my credit card again. I'm going to do more than just crochet to, so I've been collecting loads of tutorials for gift ideas. I got my first one done last night. I made a hello kitty candle, join the Christmas Craft Club on facebook and you can see what we are up to.

And finally. Writing for the magazine, Inside Crochet is very exciting. My first published pattern will be out in the begining of September. I can't wait to see it. I just wish I could do something like that full time. At least it is a foot in the door for when I am ready to publish my own book. ou never know I might even have crochet groupies, haha!

Well i plan to be more frequent with my posts now so you should be hearing from me soon
Maggie


4 comments:

  1. The bag is so cute, and the lining too! Goob job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Maggie's got a brand new bag." It looks like you have everything in there that you need. Except for one thing.....a place for some chocolate!! Just kidding, but I am with you on starting on Christmas early. I actually think it is never to early to start. Good luck and have a great weekend. Hugs, Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag looks excellent. I'd buy it if I didn't already know how to crochet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bag is fabulous - just what I've been wanting to make for myself but I didn't know how! Any chance you can share the pattern? Or let me know where I could buy it?

    ReplyDelete