Monday 16 August 2010

Hey, Long time no Blog

Hey Guys.

So I admit I have been letting the blog fall by the way side while I've been working for the magazine but it has been paying off as I now have a pattern in every issue up untill January 2011. My first pattern will be out at the begining of September, if you are in the UK you can get it from WHSmith, it's called Inside Crochet. Or if you are outside the UK you can download the magazine here.

So my first pattern the wanted hair accesories, I'm not sure what they were expecting but they were surprized when I sent them this:


And here it is on the back page of this months issue as a pre-view


Its so exciting to see my work in print and the best bit is that they send me the most awesome yarn to work with. Stuff that I could never afford to buy for myself for every project.

So lets talk about new projects. For a while I've been wanting to have the ultimate crochet bag, Somewhere to take my projects out of the house in and have a crochet hook holder in it. I was going to but a canvas satchel then I thought "what am I doing, I can make a bag!" So I am.  I took inspirartion from this crochet satchel. I've started crocheting the main body in basket weave and I have some awesome fabric to line it with. I hope to get it done really soon so I can meet the deadline for my next project submission. I'll have photos to how it off soon.

Well its been great to blog again.
It hopefully wont be as long till my next post

Maggie






3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I was wondering where you got to... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be able to do what you love and dream of as a job. I am totally envious.
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE!! I soo have about sixty friends that would love one of these. Where could I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete