Sunday 21 March 2010

Kitty Hooded Scarf


Yay, New free pattern for 'yall. This is a present for my friend Sally, it's her birthday next week and I secretly think she is part kitty so she is going to love this. I used the left over uber chunkey yarn from my dress that I knitted.

To make it I used super bulky yarn with a 15mm hook for the scarf/hood part:

Scarf:
Ch16
R1: dc in 3rd chain from hook and in every st in ch
R2: ch 2, turn, *fpdc in first, bpdc in next, rep form * to end
R3 ch1, turn, sc in every st to end

rep row 3 untill desired length. Mine turned out to be 79inches

in second to last row dc in every st across
in last row, *fpdc in first, bpdc in next, rep from *to end, FO

Hood:
Fold the scarf in half and sew together from fold for 12 inches.

Ears: (make 2) I used G hook with bulky yarn

R1: 3sc in ring, ch1, turn
R2: Inc in first, sc in middle, inc in last (5sc)
R3: Inc in first, sc in next 3, inc in last (7sc)
R4: Inc in first, sc in next 5, inc in last (9sc)
R5: Inc in first, sc in next 7, inc in last (11sc)
R6: Inc in first, sc, in next9, inc in last (13sc)
R7 sc in every st, FO, leave tail to sew

Ear, Colour Part (make 2) I used E hook with worsted/dk yarn

Make the same as larger part of ear but add an extra 8th row at the end, leave tail to sew patch to ear.

Sew ears to hood and enjoy being a snuggely warm Kitty :)






24 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!! Love it! I've got to get to making this.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thank you so much! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola muchisimas gracias por el patrón =) ahora intentaré haver que me sale =) besitos y gracias de nuevo=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing Michaels is having a sale! This would be fun to wear in the cold mornings while walking my son to school :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I made one and it is really adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what would be perfect for a friend of mine. Also it was posted on my birthday! Will definetly make one as soon as I find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this pattern, it is adorable, i have more than enough pink yarn, and i think i will replace the black with a dark blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Just out of curiosity...how wide was the scarf? Just because you say you used super chunky yarn and....well...mines just chunky ^^; I do love the size on yours <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. been looking for easy cat ears for a hat i am making for my niece for Christmas, your pattern will work perfectly! thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what kind of yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great. I think i'm going to try it...

    http://ariadnadas.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's adorable. Totally making for my 3 year old :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best idea EVER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. and, thx for the pattern. u r awesome

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello just signed up to be on your list of followers question for you I am an experienced crocheter but could you tell me what is fpdc and bpdc in your second row of pattern. I am assuming it is front and back stitch. Thanks I will enjoy following your blog thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  16. You are very correct my love. fpdc = front post double crochet and bpdc = back post double crochet. thanks for following
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello,
    I'm a fellow crocheter and I was wondering if I could sell some your items in my small webshop? :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How big of a magic ring do you use ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. How big of a magic ring do you use ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. for the ears, do you ch 1 and turn at the end if each row? /thanks


    ReplyDelete